Marble decoration is very common. It is often used for cabinet countertops or floor decoration. It has the characteristics of beautiful decoration and good wear resistance. Marble needs to be polished during use, otherwise it will affect the luster of the marble surface. So what are the marble polishing methods, what should be paid attention to in marble polishing, how to maintain after polishing, let’s take a look!
First, marble polishing step
1. Dry grinding
There are many steps in marble polishing, and it is also very complicated. First, the first step is dry grinding. The purpose of dry grinding is to peel the marble. Need to use stone refurbished machine, it can remove the stain on the stone surface, while grinding the pores of the stone.
2. Dealing with stone stains
Usually the marble surface has a lot of stains, so if you want to polish the marble better, you need to deal with the surface stains. If it is a more difficult to treat stain, it can be treated with some chemicals, and the stain is easily removed.
Waterproof treatment is also a good foundation for marble polishing. Waterproof treatment is mainly to prevent the wet grinding in the later stage. Some sewage is immersed in the stone, which will affect the polishing, and the sewage will affect the quality of the marble.
4. Slitting, caulking, etc.
In order to ensure the marble surface is very beautiful, slitting, caulking and uniform slitting are very important. The easiest way is to make up the glue. After the glue is added, it can easily achieve the beautiful effect.
5. Simple polishing
Simple polishing is actually very simple, it can be waxed, cleaned, and then polished with steel wool.
6. Surface crystallization
Use the crystal plane machine to match the scouring pad and the detergent powder, and make a good protective layer on the surface of the marble to prevent the stain from entering the inside of the stone. At the same time, it can also prevent scratching, and it can also be very good. Enhance the brightness of the stone. It is understood that this protection period is about one year.
Waxing is also done to increase the brightness of the marble, but also to protect the surface of the marble. The waxing period is basically three months.
Second, what should I pay attention to when polishing marble?
1. After the marble is finished, the surface water should be treated with a water absorbing machine, and the stone floor should be dried by a blow dryer to keep the surface of the stone dry.
2. If the stone is polished with a large diameter grinding machine, then the grinding depth should be controlled between 1mm and 2mm, and the feed speed should be reduced. If the line speed of the stone grinding machine is large, a large depth of cut is required.
3. Marble grinding should pay attention to, if it is a large gap of stone need to apply a protective agent on the marble surface, and then re-polishing once to increase the hardness of the entire surface of the crystal face.
Third, how to maintain the marble after polishing
1. After the marble is polished, the pores of the stone are completely closed, and the lesion is prone to occur. Therefore, the polished marble needs to be treated for the crystal surface, so that the pores on the marble surface can be opened, so that the marble can be opened inside and outside. Breathable, and the crystal-treated marble is not prone to lesions, but also has a certain anti-fouling and waterproof effect.
2. After the marble is polished, after a period of time, it is necessary to remove the old wax layer with wax water. At this time, it is necessary to carry out large-scale construction, and do not carry out partial construction, otherwise there will be chromatic aberration after construction. Thereby affecting the beauty of the overall effect.
I would like to remind everyone that when cleaning the marble floor, it is best to use a neutral detergent. If a strong acid detergent is used, it will cause certain damage to the marble floor and even corrode the marble surface, causing more unnecessary trouble.