The body of the oil tank truck can be full of flammable materials. If you don’t pay attention to transportation safety, it will bring disaster! The following are the precautions for tanker transportation shared by tanker sales manufacturers. Let’s take a look at it together.
Prevents fires and explosions caused by electrical sparks
(1) All kinds of electrical equipment used in the oil depot and all workplaces must be explosion-proof, the installation must meet the safety requirements, and the wires must not be broken, exposed or short-circuited.
(2) Over the oil depot, it is strictly forbidden to cross high-voltage wires. The distance between the oil storage area and the barreled light oil warehouse and the electric wire must be more than 1.5 times the length of the pole.
(3) For the rails leading to the oil depot, an insulating baffle must be installed in front of the inlet to prevent the electric sparks from flowing into the oil depot from the rails from the external power supply.
Precautions for Controlling Combustibles
(1) It is necessary to prevent oil spillage from the oil storage container of the tank truck. The running, running, dripping, leaking, and oil spills that occur in the operation of loading and unloading oil products in the tanker should be promptly removed and dealt with.
(2) After the oil tanker unloads the goods, it is strictly forbidden to pour oil, sludge, waste oil into the sewer for discharge, and should be collected and placed in the designated place properly handle.
(3) All flammable substances should be removed from the vicinity of buildings such as oil tanks, warehouses, pump rooms, oil distribution rooms, and oil blending workshops.
(4) Oil-stained cotton yarn, oiled rags, oiled gloves, oiled paper, etc. used for oil tanker maintenance and maintenance should be placed in a covered iron bucket outside the workshop and removed in time.
Details can be accessed by clicking here:https://www.ly-cimc-linyu.com/a/news/precautions-for-safe-transportation-of-oil-tank-trucks.html