In addition to running accuracy, load capacity and fatigue life, noise is also an important indicator of the performance of a spur gear drive. Noise not only affects the operating environment of the equipment, but also affects the gear transmission accuracy and the overall operation and transmission of spur gear drives. With the successive issuance of ISO14000 and ISO18000 standards, controlling its transmission noise becomes more and more important.
The reason for the high noise of spur gear drive
1. Influence of gear accuracy: Gear accuracy is often designed with economic benefits as the basis, ignoring the impact of accuracy on drive noise and backlash. When the gear accuracy cannot be reached, it will increase the operating noise.
2. Influence of gear width: Under the condition of constant torque, the noise curve gradient of large tooth width is lower than that of small tooth width, and the noise of small tooth width is relatively large.
3. Influence of tooth pitch and pressure angle: Small tooth pitch can contact more gears at the same time, the overlap of gears increases, and the noise is larger.
4. Influence of gear displacement coefficient: When the gear transmission performance is improved, the bearing capacity, the displacement coefficient, the central moment, etc. are not suitable for operation, it is easy to generate noise.
5. Speed control: The noise of the spur gear drive is also different at different speeds. With the increase of the speed, the noise of the drive will also increase.
6. Influence of dynamic balance: Misalignment of assembly will lead to unbalanced operation of the shaft system, and in the state of semi-loose and semi-tight gear meshing, it will lead to aggravation of driving noise, and unbalanced gear assembly will affect the accuracy of the transmission system.
Details can be accessed by clicking here:https://www.ldb-bearing.com/ldb-bearing-knowledge/the-reason-for-the-high-noise-of-spur-gear-drive.html