The quality of school desk and chair sets are related to the health and development of students, so you must pay attention to their materials and dimensions when purchasing. There are many testing standards for school desks and chairs, such as lifting and adjusting mechanisms should have locking devices or limit devices , The parts should be free from damage, and the flap device should be equipped with buffer or damping devices, etc., which can be selected by referring to these testing standards and relevant national standards when purchasing.
What are the testing standards for school desks and chairs?
School desks and chairs are used by students, young, active, and in a high-speed period of growth and development, so school facilities and equipment managers need to pay special attention to when choosing desks and chairs for students. Health, hygiene, environmental protection and safety, so what are the safety items for student desks and chairs? What testing standards should students’ desks and chairs meet? The following are some basic items for desk and chair testing, which must be qualified before they can be used:
1. The lifting and adjusting mechanism should be equipped with a locking device or a limit device, which should be flexible, reliable and safe.
2. The gap between the relative moving mechanical device parts and the human body contact part should be ≥25mm.
3. The flipping device should be equipped with a buffer or damping device.
4. All parts and components should be undamaged.
5. The radius of the rounded corners of the seat surface, chair back and armrests that are in contact with the human body should not be less than 2mm.
6. Some parts that may cause injury should not be accessible to students unless special disassembly tools are used.
7. Desks and chairs should not be disassembled at will, unless special disassembly tools are used.
8. Parts that use lubricating oil should be properly covered.
9. The metal parts should have no unsealed pipe fittings, and the cap should not be easy to fall off.
10. The diameter of all uncovered holes should be ≤5mm or ≥25mm.
11. There should be no burrs, blade corners, sharp edges, penetrating nails, and other sharp objects in the parts in contact with the human body and the parts where items are stored.
In summary, the purchaser must carefully check the relevant standards according to the inspection report to avoid buying unqualified and inferior products that affect the use of students.